Coconut Oil Is My Base

Now you must be wondering why is she posting a picture about coconut oil in a makeup blog? Well I will tell you why. Before putting on your makeup, it is a good idea to put on some oil. I know girls (maybe guys too could put this on if they want) will spend a lot of money on these expensive oils. I saw a bunch of Amazon for like $22 a bottle!

Now to me, that is a lot of money especially when you can get the same results but for less. Try using coconut oil (VERY thin layer, don't smear it on heavily just a little bit will do) as your base before putting on even a primer. Make sure to wash your face and use a good astringent (I'll post my favorites on washing my face to using a good astringent too in another post). Then put on the coconut oil. You won't regret it! If you're allergic to regular coconuts you should be fine with this. I personally hate coconuts but the oil is a different story.

I actually use it as my day cream as well as my night cream. It is great for many reasons! It helps keep wrinkles at bay, brightens your face, and it helps keep pimples away (make sure you use it VERY sparingly on your face), as well as great for cooking and a moisturizer on the rest of your body.

Feel free to try it out and you notice the benefits right away! These big 14 FL oz size is about $5 or $6 compared to the ones that other women will use that are like 3 to 4 times as much.

Go out there and look beautiful!

0 comments:

Post a Comment