October Boxycharm Box


This month's boxycharm is lack luster for me. While others LOVE all the Dr Brandt scrub, I am not impressed. I can make my own scrub (which I have in my bathroom) using kosher salt and baking soda. Much more cost efficient as well as knowing what's in my products is a huge bonus for me.  With all the toxics that are in the air as well as in our food, drinking water (I use a filter because there is just gross stuff in them), etc. I like to know what I'm putting on my face. I prefer vegan or cruelty free products (though I am going through my old non CF products as we speak but I have been buying ONLY CF products now that I'm aware of what they do to animals during testing). I like knowing that whatever I'm putting on my face is safe for me to put on my face and not filled with harmful chemicals.

The Becca powder while it does illuminate my skin, and it does look nice I feel like I already have that with other products that I buy and use. It's not as great as people say it is. Highlighters do the same job and some even better. The dirty little secrets eyeshadow penicl while I do like that they actually sent out a lighter color (which seems every month they send me the darkest of darkest colors) it is super creamy, it's just not needed. I feel like that was put in as a we can't think of anything else so here's some crap that you don't want. 

Tarte lip stain is actually decent this time, which figures since I cancelled my subscription since all I've ever gotten was dark lipsticks. Which is fine for people who like that sort of thing but for me, I prefer a nice light shade that goes well with my skin color. I'm pale as fuck! Wearing dark lipsticks on my lips just makes me look paler. Or goth but most of the time I just want a light color that goes with my skin tone. I have small upper lip and a big bottom lip (if I could change on thing about myself that would be it!). When I wear darker lipsticks, it tends to bring out my lips and make them look even worse then they were. Certain lip products don't it seems like Milani but I've only used light pinks or a slightly dark pink color. 

There was also a lip pencil in guess what?? Yup you guessed it, a DARK color! Smh. Really boxycharm?! I even asked costumer service if there was anyway that I could get lighter shades and never got them. Not till I cancelled and they ask why. Figures, when I cancel they fix it. Well sort of because I still got a dark lip liner that I can't wear with any color. I barely use lip liners unless I'm using it as a full lip color since most of the ones that I've gotten from boxes or boxycharm have been far too dark. 

I was hoping for palettes, they said it was going to be raining palettes this year. That's why I signed up for it but they stopped it this month & that just pissed me off! I'm sorry but the palettes were my thing. I was enjoying them. They have a new one coming out next month with winkylinks of a cat on the cover but even then, the colors in the palette are the SAME colors from the Pur cosmetics palette from September. Those were pretty yes but why all the same colors lately?!

Final thoughts??? I cancelled my subscription because I wasn't impressed with the dark lip stuff as well as the box this month is just sad. I want the brush set that they have coming out in next month's, maybe I'll resubscribe if they have something else really good and maybe I'll just do a giveaway for the palette of the cat. Or whom I kidding? I adore cats, kittens & I'll just keep it and use it as base for my eyeshadow. While I understand that getting 5 FULL sized products for $21/month is a good deal, I feel like I should be getting better products then what they're providing. It's almost the end of the year and I feel like they are just trying to fill boxes without care. 

Well I hope that you enjoyed this post, take care <3 






38 comments:

  1. doesnt look like an impressive box to be honest

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this box! Can’t wait for next months! I’m @jens_reviews on IG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want the brush set, when I saw it was coming I was like of course I cancel NOW they've got the brush sets coming next month & a palette. I didn't have many palettes, so the raining palettes was nice till it stopped this month.

      I cancelled because of all the dark lipsticks I was getting. Sure one or two is fine but I didn't need almost every box (but the last one) for them to be all dark. Kinda pissed me off

      Delete
  3. Yeah I have never signed up for boxes because I just don't like the idea of someone choosing for me. I'm too picky when it comes to colors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I signed up for the palettes that they had but other than that, I wasn't impressed when they stopped coming :( I was so mad at October's box. I wanted palettes.

      Delete
  4. This is amazing! Thanks! P. S. I'm @LetMeBieFreebie from IG

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the post and contest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I appreciate the honesty. I have wanted to subscribe but feel the same way. Even if its cheaper than buying the items at retail price, I want to be able to use all of the items!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sounds like you have a good reason to cancel
    Instagram: louisamay29

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the honest review. I don't think I would get this just cuz I want to pick out my products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a great and honest review, I am right with you on the lip color thing. I usually get total dark colors which are a huge fail for me.. and I hate that it is a waste! starla.batesATyahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for the honest review i hate when reveires post phoeny reviews when product isnt that great @ericamw1

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry the box was disappointing for you. It is disheartening when you consistently don't get what you really want. IG: @velvetwhip

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the review. Boxycharm just isn't for me. I like to be able to pick out the products I want.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW, I heard good things about Box Charm, you get full size product, etc, but after this review, may be it isn't the one for me. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can't say I've been impressed by any Dr. Brandt products I've tried, so I'm not shocked that you weren't sold on the scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Some day, I need to finally try BoxyCharm!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I would have loved to get that highlighter

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love lip stains so that Tarte item sounds super to me. @velvetwhip on IG

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the honest review. I would never subscribe to one of these myself. I am @tatzgrrly on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sorry you got a dark lipliner you can't even use. That is the downside of boxes, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's nice to hear honest feedback. Thank you for that. IG name @lyndsey1stunna

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm glad to have your opinion on that Becca highlighter. I am @velvetwhip on IG.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Honest reviews are so terrific. Even when I don't feel the same way, I always appreciate when someone is expressing their actual, unvarnished opinion. I am @velvetwhip on IG

    ReplyDelete
  24. Boxycharm looks great! Seems like a lot of products for $21! I'd be ecstatic about the Becca highlighter but that's about it. Nice to hear your honest views since so many bloggers are positive about every product. Makes you wonder how many are sharing their real views or whether they're just pandering to brands. I'm @reviewzbyjewelz on IG

    ReplyDelete
  25. Definitely not a great looking box, though the subscription itself does sound like a good deal on the surface.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really wish there was a box that let you customize to your taste a bit more. That would be great, wouldn't it? I am @velvetwhip on IG

    ReplyDelete
  27. I tried BoxyCharm a while back. Would have loved to try the Becca powder.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I appreciate the honesty

    @baines05b on IG

    ReplyDelete