Physicians Formula Butter Hightlighter: Review


 As you can see, I've been using my physician's formula highlighter for a little while, and I've already hit pan* (in case you don't know what pan means it means when you've hit the bottom of the product aka hit pan). I've only been using this for a few days after my last highlighter hit pan and it seemed to dry up very soon after that. Which is rather depressing if you ask me. I do not mind when i hit pan, that means I can use a new highlighter from my stash. What depresses me is that it took no time for the highlighter to dry up after hitting  pan. It no longer smoothed out, but that's another brand entirely. Not worth mentioning the name!

 Now this highlighter the butter highlighter from PF, is different. Sadly hitting pan, but I will say the color on  it look amazing! My cheeks, lips, eyelids, etc. where ever I put this on, it looks amazing! It has a definite shine to it! I didn't get a picture of me wearing it yet but I will update when I do officially hit pan and I"ll update you on what I really liked it about and if there was something that I didn't like about it. Right now, I've only been using it for a few days when I hit pan. Which is surprising because I'm really not using that much product, just normal amount on my cheeks as well as my nose and above my lip. So this was surprising to hit pan so fast. If you do not like the smell of coconut (which I do not) this might not be the best highlighter for you. It has a strong smell to it and it can be overwhelming if you do not like coconut. Since this product looks so good on me, I will let the fact that it doesn't smell the best to me slide because it looks amazing on my skin.

 If you couldn't tell, I"m pale as fuck! So I need a highlighter that will really show up on my skin. A lot of them are not made equal and they do show up well on my pale skin. Some look gorgeous though but others don't give me that shine and make my cheeks look amazing. I mostly wear it on my cheeks, I very rarely (un less I'm posting selfies on IG) put it on my nose or above my lip. When I'm going out, I just want some shimmer not a ton. I'll do a swatch as well as a selfie when I hit pan in the next few weeks, if it lasts that long. I'm hoping it does.

 How much does this cost? $9.67 at Walmart & Target, Ulta has it for $12.99. I got mine at CVS for $3 after a $10 CVS bucks plus I had a coupon on my card for $7 dollars off. In the end, they paid me to buy this! If you want a good bargain on makeup, I'd suggest going to either Walgreens (I'm not a huge fan of this place because they do not let you stack coupons), or CVS. You can get special deals with their app as well as stack coupons, get emails from them to add % off your order to your card every week. Look at the flyer, see when there is a sale for a product or brand that you want and buy it then! NEVER buy it full price, there will always be a sale! *PRO TIP*

 Now you must be asking yourself, will she buy it again? The answer to that is yes I would. If I saw it on sale, had coupons, yes I would buy this again but NOT unless it was on sale. Otherwise, I would pass and find something that is one sale. Remember Physicians Formula IS cruelty free, for those that are not into animal testing.

 Have you tried this product? Does it work for you? Do you like the smell? Or is to off putting to you?

0 comments:

Post a Comment