No More Palette Roulette Challenge For Me

On IG, I was doing a palette roulette challenge. What is that ask? Every week you take a palette and you do many looks with that one palette. When I first started this project a year ago (or close to it), it was fun for awhile. Coming up with all these new looks and having to make this look better the last and ONLY using one eyeshadow palette per week. Which started out as a fun way to use up my palettes and get them into a mix. Use them more often and try to finish them off. After months on end, I've finally hit the last of my palettes. 

The challenge was fun and it definitely made me struggle and work to make every look different from the last. Which was actually a cool challenge but after awhile, I just got sick of doing it. I was sick of having to only use one  palette per week. When I've got other palettes that I could use for a base, or a highlight or that would match this look so much but I was handcuffed to one palette whether I liked it or not. Sure I had fun, but it just got like work and no longer exciting. It also didn't help that I don't have a ton palettes. While I do have about maybe 20 palettes (I'll have to check that number tomorrow) to work with, a lot of them were kinda of the same. Whether I got them in a Boxycharm box or whether it was from gifts from people. Now I'm not saying that I'm grateful for people buying me presents, that's not it at all. I was just bored of having to use only one palette after almost a year of this challenge.

What did I learn from this challenge? A lot actually! I learned that instead of me using the same palette over and over every day, that I have other brands, other palettes and other shades that I could use instead of always turning to that one palette. I promised myself that when I stopped doing this palette challenge that I would use a new palette every day or at least realize that I have more options for looks. I have used several palettes after stopping this challenge in my looks. Colors that go together with certain looks that look rather amazing together, not just separately. 

Below are one palette that never got into my challenge that I wanted to feature today. It's all this one palette look. I got this from a penpal of mine in Canada. She sent me this palette one time and I am so sorry that I never go the chance to feature it, so that's what I"m doing now. I also learned doing this challenge, how to do swatches like the pros do. My swatch game has gotten much better and more clearer then it used to be.My thoughts on this palette you ask? I love how shimmery they are, how they look on me as well as how they maybe a neutral palette but it has such great shimmer to it and wonderful pigmentation. They blend like a dream but they do have some fallout, so you may want to use an eyeshadow shield or a post it note or notecard to keep that off your face. Other than that minor issue, I STILL love this palette a lot! Thank you for sending this to me Ava! <3

Please enjoy the look that I did today and be sure to keep an eye out on this blog for more looks coming up! I'll even post a few looks that I've done the past for you to view and have pleasure looking at. 

Have a good day all! <3



 Makeup Revolution Essential Matte 2 Palette
Swatches From Makeup Revolution Essentials Matte 2 Palette
Eyes Closed Look with Makeup Revolution Essentials Matte 2 palette

Eyes Closed Look with Makeup Revolution Essentials Matte 2 palette

0 comments:

Post a Comment