August Boxy Charm: Unboxing & Thoughts!

Unboxing Boxy Charm: August!
Unboxing my August Boxycbarm. I must say that I was so impressed with the Tarte palette. Prior to this, I had never tried a Tarte palette. I've tried their lip liners, lipsticks, a few of their mascaras that I got free or with points from Sephora but I have never tried their eyeshadows before. I was pleasantly surprised at how pigmented, shimmery and soft they felt (I have yet to post swatches on IG but I shall do that soon)

I am so pleased with all the palettes that they have been putting out. I am really excited for the rest of this year and all the great palettes like MAC, Sephora, Pur, etc. People ahve been complaining about the neutral palettes, saying I can't believe they're all the same. They're not the same colors, they have a lot of variety. The only palette that I have hated them since the first time that I've gotten boxes (which was in June but I signed up in May) was the June realher palette I that had bland colors. They weren't very pigmented at all. Dull colors with no shimmer or shine to it. I typically use them as an eyeliner on the bottom lashes or I use it as a base for my eyeshadow then put other colors on top of it.

Inside the box:

August Box is 3 definite things:

1) Moda Pro 3 piece brush set: retail price $26- I've already used at least 2 of the 3 brushes. I just had to test them out yesterday when I used the new palette (more about that soon). I love the feel of them in my hands, they feel so very soft and have these little grooves on them that give you a good grip. Not only are they nice to feel and fit in your hands, they also work so amazingly well! They sweep across the face and eyelids easily. The brushes are so soft and fluffy, I love the feel of them! I've already washed one brush because it got too dirty. I've seen them on IG all the time but I have yet to buy them. I never go to Walmart, because around me they are super slow no matter what time you go there. Maybe it's a south, I don't know.

 2) Pro Eyelashes: The Pur complexion authority retail $14-I've been using falsies for awhile now, I don't always wear them (I should I own too many not to) but when I do, I like to feel like they're not really on. Like they aren't too big or too heavy on my lids. If you've never used falsies before, you might think they are heavy or they feel weird on your eyelids. If they are made right, they won't feel like you're wearing a thing! It will feel like you're wearing mascara only. TIP: Make sure to put them with a mirror with a light (that really helps to get the right angle) and angle it so you can see under your lashes. There's a trick with putting glue on the top of them but I've heard it only works for tiny extensions. I would also suggest making sure to put them on with either tweezers or a lash holder (like tweezers but longer in parts to hold the lashes better) and wait till the glue is tacky enough to put them on. Make sure you don't put them on when you're frustrated or angry, that will only take longer to put them on and in the end you'll ruin your lashes! Sometimes (these however I did not do that), you will have to cut the lashes to fix your own lashes but not all the time. Mine I didn't have to do this time and adell I've never done that to because they fit perfectly.

 3) Rainforest of the sea: volume II: Tarte palette $36.00-I've used a bunch of high end and low end eyeshadow. I'm not the type of person who just drops $$$ down to buy a new palette that came out. Most I don't actually like the colors. People go nutso over the Morphe new palettes, but their colors just aren't for me. I don't need greens, yellows or a bunch of blues, I've got blue eyes and blue eyes don't look good with those colors. I know I've tried and it looks like I'm wearing mommy's makeup kit or I'm a "lady of the night". So I skip a lot of palettes, plus I don't see the point of wasting a lot of money on a palette when I get dupes online. I signed up for boxycharm for the palettes. You spend $20/month on a box & you get palettes that cost $36 or more, that's a huge deal to me! People have been complaining about this palette since boxycharm leaked the information that this palette would be in their August box. I was excited and still am! I've been using it non stop since yesterday. I have however used another base color and transitional color from other palettes but I keep coming back to this one. I prefer more neutral colors, this palette does a great smokey eye which I adore. I love using a smokey eye with my blue eyes. They really bring them out and make them look amazing.

The Tarte palette is so shimmery, silky smooth and soft! I adore the feel of it and yes I know, "you're supposed to use a brush when you apply it" but most of the time I will admit (unless I'm doing the whole eyelids), I use my fingers. I'm such an OCD person that I have to clean them before wearing makeup and keep wipes near me to clean during application. I love the feel of eyeshadow on my fingers, especially when it's as smooth and silky as this palette. I hope that in the future, they come back to Tarte and do more things with it because I love their paletttes!!! <3

Before this, I had the BH cosmetics palette for blue & brown eyes which is super soft and silky. Very pigmented (don't let others fool you and say it's not because it totally is) and buttery soft. They cheap, cruelty free (I mean who wants poor bunnies hurt just so their eyes can look pretty??), work amazing and very easily blendable. For a cheap drugstore brand I totally recommend it. I also love BH cosmetics Carli Byrell palette. It's got some great and amazing highlighters, a wonderful bronzer and creamy shadows. So if Tarte is a bit out of your budget, totally pick up some BH cosmetics. They often have sales (currently they have a bogo free sale going on, hurry up before it's over!) and deals through their email they send a bunch. I bought a few things from them last sale that they had going on. I'm currently on a makeup buying freeze, hubby is inbetween jobs so I can't go around buying like I used to. Not that I went crazy but I did buy a few things here and there. I'll just have to save up my money or get a few gift cards.

As for the rest of the box???

The other 2 items are always random. You may or may not get what I got this month. What did I get?  I got:

4) waterproof gel eyeliner: by Bellapierre $15- I have yet to use this because I'm trying to use up one product before I try another. I don't want others going bad before I get a chance to try a new things, that's just irresponsible. I'm not like all those other girls you see on IG that buy a bunch of stuff, have 50 foundations that they have & in the end they'll just have to throw them all out. What a waste! Think of all the people that could have used that? What about the battered womens' shelter that could have used those products :( It's such a shame. Anyway, I'm a huge fan of eyeliner pencils so i can't wait to try this one. I am always happy when I get a pencil because that's one less time I've got to buy one. I've often gone without wearing shadows (which is funny because I own tons of palettes now I really should just wear a small amount), but I can't go without wearing an eyeliner & mascara. If I'm in a rush to leave, and only have time for a few things, I will put on my primer, bb cream, eyeliner and mascara. I'll also put on a primer for my eyes or a concealer because I hate having my eyelids bare or with no clue on them. That's why I own like 10 pencils of eyeliner as a back up. Plus I saw a bunch reduced, clearanced at Ulta that I picked up.

5) #grlpwr liquid lipstick: by The Beauty Crop $14.95- now at first when I saw the color I was like wait wtf? Oh come on Boxycharm! Stop sending me liquid lipsticks, I have a ton but all of them are far too dark and they crack so easily. Just no! But, I decided to give this a try. I wanted to finish my Boxycharm look so I went ahead and applied it. It looks far darker on my swatch test on IG but when I put it on my lips, I was pleasantly surprised! My husband was even like I like the color, it looks nice on you. I would not recommend the color if you have light hair, I think because of my black hair is look amazing on me. I have pale skin too so I was worried about the color looking like a kool aid stain but luckily it did not.

All in all my feelings? I would say that I totally recommend boxycharm to anyone who wants to try out a good quality makeup products for a person on a budget. I was hoping for the lip & cheek stain but I can use my points at boxycharm (you get points for each box that you get, but they don't update their point store often but keep looking out for it, you may find something that  you like) but I can wait for that to be put in their rewards or maybe I'll get it next month. Who knows!

Thanks for reading!

This month however, I like everything in the box!! The lipstick has grown on me, it is not as bad the bright dark colors that I've gotten in last 2 boxes so that's good at least. This box is a definite yes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment